Picture this:

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I'm missing grandma


What I miss about Grandma Rowland:

11. Souvenirs from Traverse City
10. Cookies and IceCream at her house
9. Diet Vernors, & "holy toledo"
8. The smell of AquaNet hairspray
7. A drawer full of pens and never ending paper
6. Jukebox in the basement playing Red Roses for a Blue Lady
5. Red refridgerator filled with every flavor of Towne Club pop
4. Spending the night at her house
3. Zipper bag for her shoes, and little plastic container for plastic hair net
2. Gentle Hugs
1. The safest place on earth

I miss you grandma!
Love, Vicki

4 Comments:

  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger hippieange83 said…

    Insightful. Moving. Here's why: I immediatly started to think of my own list.. things I miss about my Grandma's from when I was little. But there is a problem with that. You see, my grandma is alive. So, the things I miss -- sprite and popcorn while watching 20/20 on friday nights, ovaltine, seeing a distant glow in the dining room because my grandpa thinks no one knows that he still smokes, a clinking radiator, being nagged about getting baptised...is all still THERE! It did't change. I did. I'm going to spend the night at my Grandma's on Friday. No joke.

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger KayMac said…

    I remember taking you to see your Grandma at Hospice, do you? I can remember her playing the hostess, trying to make sure everyone was comfortable, even tho she was so sick...I know if there had been a red fridge in her room, it would have been filled w/ Town Club pop! I am so glad I had the chance to meet her. She was one of the sweetest people I have ever met.

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Tracey, in MI said…

    awwww- I'm gonna call my cranky grandma.....we played yahtzee and ate pringles......;)

    sorry you miss your grandma.... I never met her--- but miss her too--- for you. love ya ts

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger hippieange83 said…

    Thats it. I demand an entry.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home